My photo
... is a freelance photographer working in Middle Georgia

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Using Light



I photographed this plate of pears this afternoon. Saw them in the kitchen and thought I should 
shoot. The light caught my eye, the way it played across them. Light was from above and behind them, but not very nice light, and in a bad spot to shoot. 

I moved them into the dining room and set up a light. The top was my second light setup.  I put a light above and slightly behind them.  The subtle light touching the left side of the pears really makes a big difference in the photo. 




The second photo is dark on the left side.  To ad that bit of light, I placed a white card up close so it would reflect back onto the side of the pears. Really makes a difference.



No comments:

Blog Archive