My photo
... is a freelance photographer working in Middle Georgia

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

A New Project


 I have begun a new project. Several months ago, I received a phone call from Sonny Seals. He was looking for a photographer to shoot old churches. He and George Hart have a website featuring historic rural churches in Georgia. The accompanying photos are from my first shoot, The Old Richland Church in Twiggs County. It was built in 1848, and is still an awesome sight.  


To meet the criteria, a church must be over 100 years old, be in a rural area, and still be pretty much original.
The aim of the website is to research, document and preserve this special part of Georgia's history. Some of the churches are still in use, some abandoned, some see limited use. Old Richland has been restored and well maintained. Others need some TLC.


The photography is all HDR, done by a group of gifted photographers who are willing to give their time and talents to this worthy cause. And it is addictive, to me, anyway. I love to shoot, love to try new techniques, and love history. 


Take a look at the website. http://hrcga.org/richland-baptist-twiggs-2/

Pretty cool stuff.

4 comments:

soifthen said...

Hi. I have the username almostinfocus on many social media accounts., and I have the url almostinfocus.com. I'm giving up that username and letting the url expire. Since I see you have a blog by that name that you recently updated, I wanted to know if you would be interested in any of these usernames. This isn't a scam; I don't want money or anything. I just wanted to know if you wanted to coordinate any sort of transfer before I delete these accounts. I never made much use of the username, so there's no real history anywhere, nothing embarrassing, nothing gets spammed, but feel free to google and check. If I delete some accounts, like twitter, or instagram, I think that locks up the username and makes it permanently unavailable. I would have to change my username, then you can claim it. Anyway, let me know.

Anonymous said...

Hi again. I'm going to start deleting and removing accounts with almostinfocus as the username. I'll start with ones that are a bit esoteric, like last.fm, and I'll delete ones that will free up the username rather than make it unavailable. But in a few days I'll start deleting the major ones and the ones that lock up the name for good. Please respond or contact me if there's a service that you want the username for.

Aakash said...

Thank YOu For Sharing This article I Really Enjoy It
Roller Shutter Repairs
Roller Shutter Repairs Services

Sch Blinds said...

A really great impressive article blog. Thanks for posting. 'Welcome to SCH Blinds for roller shutters, security doors, and security screens doors services in Adelaide at low price. SCH Blinds expertise in Roller Shutters and Security Doors Service in Adelaide since 2007. Call us now at 1800 089 999 for free quote.'
Roller Shutters Repairs Adelaide
Security Screen Doors Adelaide

Blog Archive