My photo
... is a freelance photographer working in Middle Georgia

Friday, June 17, 2011

Mommy's Gardenias


Deborah's mom cut a gardenia bloom and brought it and put it in a vase.
Deborah told me it was quite photo worthy so I set about capturing this beauty.
It was sitting on the kitchen counter so I moved it to a more photogenic location.
I also decided it needed flash.

The top image was done with two lights, one on my right as I faced the flower. The other was on my left and behind the bloom at about a 45 degree angle.  Both flashes were pointed directly at the bloom.
The light is a bit harsh, but not too bad.


For the second photo I used an umbrella for my main light, and left the back light unaltered.
It was still direct flash. The umbrella really softened the light.


For the last photo, I still used the umbrella for the main light, but put a red filter on the back light.

No comments:

Blog Archive