My photo
... is a freelance photographer working in Middle Georgia

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Splashes

Saturday evening as I was leaving the Wizard of Oz in downtown Fort Valley, I walked by one of several fountains on Main Street. The surface of the water caught my attention. The light was just right, and as the water flowed into the lower bowl the splashes were quite eye-catching. I didn’t have my macro lens with me, but I got as tight as I could with my 70-200.

What looked cool at the first glance turned into Wow through the long lens. The surface of the water was constant chaos, covered with eruptions. Spray fling through the air.

This turned out fairly well, but I want to go back with my macro and a tripod. These were done with a high shutter speed to freeze the drops and splashes. I wanted to capture the crown effect of the splash. Next time will do some slower shutter speeds to see what happens. I will let you all know how it turns out.

No comments:

Blog Archive