My photo
... is a freelance photographer working in Middle Georgia

Friday, March 18, 2011

Cherry Blossoms, Etc



Its Cherry Blossom time again in Middle Georgia, and our tree is really showing off this year. I did my annual Cherry Blossom shoot yesterday, and was pretty happy with the results. I gave up trying to shoot these oh, so  light blossoms using an automatic mode a long time ago. The only success I have had in getting the image I wanted was to switch to manual.

 Otherwise, parts of the blooms were totally blown out.  Then a bit of Photoshop to even the hot spots and shadows to get a decent image. I really like this photo, probably my favorite Cherry Blossom photo. The second version, I used the Watercolor filter, just to see what it would look like.

The Iris below, I am just throwing in for free. I really like the texture. Again, shooting manual to get all the detail, then bringing it together with Photoshop.

No comments:

Blog Archive