My photo
... is a freelance photographer working in Middle Georgia

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Up Close and Ugly


 I was walking the dogs Saturday morning, about to leave for work when I saw this cicada in the edge of the driveway. Uusually I find the old dried shells after they are gone. This one was either just out or on his last legs, Not sure which. I refer to it as a "he" I have no idea about cicada gender traits. Just know this year they have been really loud.

Anyway, went and got my D200 with the 70-300 macro. While I was grabbing it, I thought, "Hmm, how about the fisheye?' I shot the top image with the macro, nice tight on his ugly face. Guess a girl of anything couldn't be this ugly.  Then switched to the fisheye and got really close.  Made a different image, kinda like it.



The next day we were outside with Gussie and I found the garden spider. Got the camera and my 2x closeup lens for this one. It was really hard to shoot. The wind was blowing the web hard enough that it would move two or three inches. I had a hard time keeping it in focus.  Positioned myself so that the backgound was a dark solid color and the backlight was bringing out the detail in the web.  Wanted a tighter image, but just could not keep a closer one in focus. Oh, well, maybe next time.



No comments:

Blog Archive