My photo
... is a freelance photographer working in Middle Georgia

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Old Glory


This is an entirely different view of the American Flag that hangs on our front porch.
I had gone out to photograph the tiny blooms on a tomato plant and while shooting the bloom, I noticed the way the light was playing on Deborah's orchid.  While chimping through the orchid photos, I saw the flag in the background and decided there was a photo to be had. 

I am not sure how I ended up on my back under the flag, but it had a WOW factor of about a 12, so I had at it. I was using my little Olympus XZ-1 and used the Dramatic Tone art filter to enhance the tones and darken the sky.  Of course, any time you photograph a flag, the wind drops away before you can pop the first frame. Had to wait for the wind to come back, but it was worth it.


And, by the way, here's the tomato bloom that started the whole thing.


No comments:

Blog Archive