My photo
... is a freelance photographer working in Middle Georgia

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

I See The Moon, And The Moon Sees Me


I have no idea how many eclipses I have photographed, but I still get excited whenever one comes around.
I can only imagine the reaction of early man to such a sight. And each time I observe, I think about how cool God is to throw so many neat things into our world.

I waited til the moon was over half hidden to start shooting this morning. Last night I got out a body, my old Leitz tripod and the Nikkor 600mm. This was old school, using the old manual focus lens. The last exposures were pretty dim, and my old eyes were having a hard time with manual focus. This old f5.6 lens ain't the brightest, but it is still sharp. That lens is about 34 years old. The tripod is even older. If you are thinking about buying a tripod, buy quality, and sturdy. A wimpy tripod is a waste of money.

Anyway, I spent about 45 minutes shooting this series, then the moon dropped too low in the sky, down in the trees and utility lines. I picked three separate images and combined into this composite. Hope you got up to see this, such a cool and beautiful happening. Never get tired of the beauty in nature.

No comments:

Blog Archive