My photo
... is a freelance photographer working in Middle Georgia

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Hambone Jam

This past weekend my hometown, Fort Valley, hosted the Hambone Jam, Georgia's championship barbecue competition. The festivities began Friday night, the air aroma of smoking meat and chicken floated through downtown, , live bands filled the air with music.
Both days a chance to get some interesting photos and visit with old friends and meet some new ones.
The top photo was from the rib judging. Love the photo, a feminine hand, fingers covered with barbecue sauce, while the other hand daintily holds on to a hunk of meat. One of my favorite photos.

I like my photo of guitarist Jay Fredericks. You won't find a better guitarist anywhere, and he's
homegrown. Captain Anthony Brown shows off his tender fall apart chicken. He invited me back Saturday for a taste of his pilled pork.
Love my hometown, and I do love community journalsim.

No comments:

Blog Archive