My photo
... is a freelance photographer working in Middle Georgia

Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Ginkgo Tree

This morning at breakfast my friend Nick told me I needed to go by and look at this ginkgo tree. It is a couple of blocks from my home. Last year I kept saying I needed to do some photos of it and never did.
On Nick’s advice I went by the tree on the way to the office. I shot some stuff with
My 17-55 and with the 70-200 but wasn’t inspired. I wasn’t doing this beautiful tree justice.

I went back to the car and got my 10mm and got down on the ground. Wow, it clicked. I found one leaf that was in just the right position, just a little above the others. The sun was popping through the tree just above it. I knew that had to be my focal point.
My last shot was the complete tree. Had to have a record of the whole scene.
Ansel Adams summed it up when he said “Sometimes I do get to places just when God’s ready to have somebody click the shutter.”
Okay Nick, this one was for you.

No comments:

Blog Archive