My photo
... is a freelance photographer working in Middle Georgia

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Don't Know What It Is, But What A Photo Opp


We had a new bloom in the garden this past week. We are not sure what it is, but it makes a wonderful photograph. The previous owner was really into the garden, and there is no telling what kinds of bulbs are hidden under the rich black dirt. Every time we trim the huge Ginkgo tree and get more sun, we have new things pop up.

We first saw this one before the blooms opened. They finally were ready to shoot Friday. I took my flash and a light stand when I went to shoot, but the sun was hitting from just the right angle. Flowers almost always photograph better with backlight. Direct sun is usually too harsh.

Anyway, I just wanted to share these. When you photograph flowers, do one that shows it all, but try getting close, just doing parts. And watch the light.

No comments:

Blog Archive