My photo
... is a freelance photographer working in Middle Georgia

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Using the Radial Blur Filter


Last week I was playing in Photoshop and rediscovered the Radial Blur filter. With this filter you can either add a zoom effect or a circular blur to an image. I tried the effects on these two photos of Beca. The top is with the zoom filter. Back in the late 60's and early 70's a cool thing to do was to shoot a photo at a really slow shutter speed and with a zoom lens, and spin the zoom ring while the shutter was open. Wtaever was in the very center of the photo would be kinda in focus. It was pretty hit or miss. Mine were mostly a miss.

The top photo was with the zoom effect. The bottom with the spin.

With both photos I went back after I applied the filter and used the History Brush to restore a little of the image.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice photos and interesting discussion. Enjoyed reading it.

Alex

Blog Archive