My photo
... is a freelance photographer working in Middle Georgia

Monday, January 3, 2011

A Look At Some Tri-X Oldies


It has been a while since I have been able to scan any black and white negatives. Over two years ago I had to replace my old computer. My old Minolta scanner software was not compatible with the new computer, and since Konica bought Minolta, they were not interested in keeping software updated. Since I didn’t have a scanner I quit shooting film. I have several rolls of Tri-X and Ilford HP-5 stuck in the equipment locker waiting to be processed.


I decided it was time to get my scanner cranked back up. I checked for available scanner drivers and opted for VueScan from Hardwick Software. I have not been disappointed with it. It works much smoother than the old Minolta software, and gives better image control.


Two of the first images I scanned with the setup are these of Macon model Sheila Harvell. I always loved the umbrella photo but had completely forgotten the TV shot. It is a cool image.


I will be scanning in more old images, but as a goal for 2011 I want to shoot at least one roll of film a week. We will see how that goes. I have a roll of color print film in one of my old Nikon bodies, and have some Tri-X and HP-5 waiting to go in the F5.



I will share some images soon.



1 comment:

Colleen said...

Wow, these were some great prints. You remind me a bit of my high school Photography teacher (he is pretty cool). =)

Have A Rainy Day! <3

Blog Archive