My photo
... is a freelance photographer working in Middle Georgia

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Getting Snooty Wit The Hibiscus


Our Hibiscus was looking really good yesterday morning and I decided it needed shooting. 
I shot a couple in the overcast light and wanted to bump it up a notch. I got a flash and a light stand, and then decided I wanted to concentrate the light. I have this old snoot I made from a cereal box and duct tape. Took me a while to find it. Have not used it in a while. 
I shot several angles on the bloom, and liked this one best. The light(shown below, duct tape and all) was directly across from me and above. It was coming in at about a 60 degree angle. Like the results. 


Light modifiers for shoe mount strobes have gotten to be the rage. Back when I made this one, you really could not find anything much. It does work.


The photo above was with the snoot, one one below without. You can see how the light spreads.
Not bad for a Cheerios box.


No comments:

Blog Archive