My photo
... is a freelance photographer working in Middle Georgia

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A New Venue


I have really developed a love for sharing my passion for photography through teaching. I have taught classes for various organizations, from the Georgia Press Association to a small group at my church. Today I begin another session through the Continuing Education Department at Fort Valley State. I have been doing this class for several years. Last spring we began a new advanced class.
This class is always at night, and I have had people ask about morning classes quite a few times. Beginning in October, I will try a new venue, a morning class at Hobby Lobby in Warner Robins. This will be a class aimed at folks who just want to take better pictures, and learn a little about how their camera works.
But more importantly, hope to let folks see the personal creativity that is available through photography.
WE all have our own ideas about art, likes and dislikes. We all see the world a little differently.
That is one of the cool things about photography. It is easy to do your own thing. It really doesn't matter if anyone else likes what we do, as long as we are happy creating and growing as an artist.
If someone else likes what we do, that is just icing on the cake.
I did the above poster to go in the store's lobby. I did the collage in Photoshop Elements, and did the words and layout in Indesign.
Hope some folks will show up for class.

No comments:

Blog Archive