My photo
... is a freelance photographer working in Middle Georgia

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year


I covered a town hall meeting last night involving three state legislators. Linmore James, Robert Dickey and Cecil Statam took questions from a gathering in Fort Valley. These kinds of assignments can make for some really boring images. 

I shot from all the regular angles and still was not thrilled with what I had. Some decent stuff but not what I wanted.  I moved around in front of the three with the 15mm, wanting to get the row of lights behind them. The old building where the meeting was held is kind of a neat environment with some bare brick walls. When I got in front of them I noticed the position of the two outside guys legs. 

Thought this might make a cool shot, so I put the camera on the floor and shot a few frames. I did some 
available light, and a couple with some bounced fill flash. The one above was available light. It was my choice.

Happy New Year.

2 comments:

Perry Swanson-PCCOC said...

Great shot!!

Hexed. said...

love it!

Blog Archive