My photo
... is a freelance photographer working in Middle Georgia

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Be An American

  I passed through Reynolds yesterday going and coming from Columbus.  Each year Reynolds Methodist Church adorns their entire block alongside Georgia Highway 96 with American flags. I have stopped and shot a picture or two over the years, and yesterday it felt really important to stop and photograph these beautiful flags.

I love this flag, and I love my country. Granted, it gets crazier and crazier, but this is still the best place to live in this world, and I am an American. That is a blessing from God, not anything I have earned, or anything that is owed me.

Each of us in this country has a heritage, ethnic background, different religious upbringing and beliefs.  A lot of the problems we we have could be overcome by doing what Jesus told us to do, " Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

So, be an American, be proud of who you are, and realize that it ain't all about ME.



No comments:

Blog Archive