My photo
... is a freelance photographer working in Middle Georgia

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Yet More HDR Software

I found a new(to me) HDR program last week and downloaed a free trial. This sunflower photo from last Monday's playtime was toned in Photoshop, then ran it through Machinery HDR. I like it. The program has some presets, or you can do your own tuning. This is not a true HDR image, but a single frame(film flashback!) that got the HRD effect.  I have not tried to do ma multiple exposure HDR image with it yet.

For those of you who don't know HDR, it combines bracketed exposures so you get all the shadow detail and all the highlights in your image. When you take a picture, your camera averages the exposure, so you loose detail in both shadow and highlights. So you bracket, doing some underexposed, some overexposed and the combine them for the final image.  That is very simplified, but you get the idea.

Some HDR programs give very exaggerated tones and colors, I call them clown colors. This one does not, it is more normal.  Give it a try.

http://www.machineryhdr.com/ 


No comments:

Blog Archive