My photo
... is a freelance photographer working in Middle Georgia

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Labor Day Race-1991



After shooting and blogging about the Labor Day Road Race, I dug out some old
transparencies from the 1991 race. Wow. Seems like it was overcast a lot of
Labor Day mornings.

These photos were done at the Hardeman Avenue water location. I always
liked shooting there because of the view back up the hill. It was a good
mid-point to get the leaders, too.



These were shot on Fujichrone 200 film. It was really good color. I would have used
a higher ISO for my available light shots, but started this roll in the dark using flash and a
slow shutter speed. This roll was mostly rejects back in 1991, about a half stop under. Too
dark for our production process back then. We had no way to correct exposure or
color correct. You were stuck with what came out of the camera, and no chimping. No
screen on the back of the camera to see what you did.



The end of the roll, I shot without the flash, and underexposed.

Anyway, take a look, and appreciate today's digital cameras.

No comments:

Blog Archive