My photo
... is a freelance photographer working in Middle Georgia

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Be A Pepper

I really like this picture. I have no idea why I like it. I went out one Saturday morning not long ago, just really needing to shoot some pictures. Sometimes I just have this overpowering need to go shoot something totally non-news related, something that will never find its way to newsprint.


I went to photograph one of those old Fred Flintstone satellite dishes, you know, the ones that are about 15 feet in diameter. Well, could not get the dish pix to work. Just not happening. So as I walk back to the car, I see the Dr. Pepper bottle laying in the grass.


I spend the next 30 minutes photographing the bottle. Obviously very amusing to numerous passers by. Not your usual saturday morning fare, I guess. Anyway, I wanted to be a Pepper, too.


I downloaded the pictures and as I first looked at them, really wondered why I spent so much time taking pictures of an old bottle. I saved one frame, and dumped the rest. Well, about a week later I Thought maybe it would be a better black and white. I desaturated it, and thought maybe I should leave part of it in color. So here it is.


I always feel guilty altering images like this in photoshop. A definite no-no for photojournalist. Could that be why I like the photo now? The thrill that comes along with guilt? My uncle did drop me on my head when I was a baby.


So here it is for all to see. Now those folks who were driving by will know how crazy I am.

No comments:

Blog Archive