My photo
... is a freelance photographer working in Middle Georgia

Friday, August 29, 2008

Creative Lighting



I shot these two photographs during a recent shoot with model
Brogan Flemming. We were on the River Walk in Macon on a
Saturday morning. I was able to get low and let the sun peek
over her shoulder.

I wanted good detail and contrast, so I added some light to
her face and upper body. The flash was to my left and elevated
slightly above her face level. I used a second flash behind
her and to my right. This second light hit the side of her left
leg and back of her right leg to give some seperation from the
background. I shot at a really high shutter speed to darken
the sky and background.



Normally I would not want utility poles and power lines in
my photo, but this time they complimented the fence on the left.
Makes for some cool images.

No comments:

Blog Archive