My photo
... is a freelance photographer working in Middle Georgia

Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day




Happy Memorial Day. Hope you all did more today than be lazy and have a cookout.
Nothing wrong with doing those festive things on this day, but I hope you paused at 3pm, or some point during the day and remembered the real purpose of Memorial Day. A day honoring the men and women who have given so much for the freedom we Americans enjoy.
I shot the Memorial Day service in Byron today. Usually my Memorial Day photos have pictured veterans, mostly men. This is my favorite photo from today’s shoot. The hands holding the flag belong to the wife of a veteran, the lady looking at the display in the background is also a veteran’s wife.
A very simple photo, but I am happy with it.
Happy Memorial Day.

No comments:

Blog Archive