My photo
... is a freelance photographer working in Middle Georgia

Monday, February 22, 2010

The Bluesman Cometh


I will have a show featuring my work next month. It will be here in Fort Valley at Fort Valley State’s Fine Art Department’s gallery on Main Street. I have been choosing photos for a while now, and have most of what I want to show printed.

I want to include a photograph of Macon blues man Eddie Kirkland. He has always intrigued me. Eddie moved to Macon in the 1960’s, has played with John Lee Hooker, and was Otis Redding’s bandleader. He still tours the US and Europe. Probably better known everywhere else but Macon.


I have to decide which photo use. Color or the black and white. Normally the black and white would be the hands down winner for me. I love the black and white, the other guitars in the background, but there is something about the color image that keeps pulling me back.

It was shot is his home, and I guess its something about the starkness of the place that seems to come across that is missing in the black and white photo. Plus the gold turban rocks.



No comments:

Blog Archive