My photo
... is a freelance photographer working in Middle Georgia

Saturday, May 12, 2007

The Memorial

Randolph Murray, the editor of the Houston Peach stopped by my desk Monday and told me that someone had emailed about an area near Watson Boulevard in Warner Robins where someone had set up some army figures

You never know what you will find when you get these type tips, most are a bust. I went by to take a look, and was really touched by what I found. A good sized sandy area covered with military figures and gear. tanks, trucks, humvee's, jeeps, missles, and even choppers overhead. The figures and equipment was a mix, some World War II era stuff, others from more modern times, looking like todays footage from Iraq. Quite surreal.

I got out of the car and walked over, shot a couple of frames and it hit me. Like being in a memorial. Felt like I was intruding.

I had planned on visiting a nearby business to try and find who set it up. Probably kids playing, but such a large scale. Guess I really don't care who did it, or why now. Few more weeks it will be Memorial Day. I started my observance early




No comments:

Blog Archive