My photo
... is a freelance photographer working in Middle Georgia

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Waiting For the Picture



While shooting Peach County's band camp Monday, I looked across to the stadium and saw these guys working up in the lights. I hoped they would be there for a while, wanted to go over when I finished the band pictures.

They were still there, so I went over and started shooting. This is the perfect example of why you don't shoot the first thing you see and walk away. Don't care how big a hurry you are in, if it is worth shooting, it is worth a little effort.

I put my 1.4 extender on the 300 because I wanted to shoot as tight as I could. The first shot was from midfield looking into the platform. For the second shot I was almost underneath them but still on the field. It makes a much better shot, plus by that time the guy was actually removing a bulb.




For the last shot I went off the field around behind the stands and was looking almost straight up. The workmen and lights were silhouetted against the sky. I had to dump the 1.4 because it was too tight. Waited a few minutes and he changed another bulb.

Took some extra walking and more time but was worth the effort.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THE PHOTOS OF THE GUYS CLEANING THE LIGHTS AND CHANGING THE BULBS ARE AWESOME! I AM SO INSPIRED BY YOUR PHOTOS AND HAVE BEEN FOR THE LAST 30YRS. THEY MAKE MY HEART RACE AT TIMES BECAUSE I CAN ACTUALLY FEEL THE LIVING BREATH IN YOUR PICTURES. THANK YOU FOR CONTINUING TO SHARE YOUR GIFT WITH US.

Blog Archive