My photo
... is a freelance photographer working in Middle Georgia

Friday, July 6, 2007

Willie Reid


I ran across this photo of Willie Reid from 2004. I have always liked this image. Reid, a Warner Robins High
football star, had broken his leg at Florida State and was working to return to football. He was working
out at McConnell-Talbert Stadium.

I had shot a good bit, and had nothing I really liked. I got down on the ground and shot this as he came out of the blocks. I used fill flash because he was shot against the sky. You can see the intensity in his face, the sweat on his brow, and the tension in his muscles. There is just a tiny bit of blur in his hands that ads to the moment.

The football goalpost in the background ads the final touch. That was a bonus, cause I didn't realize I had it in the picture until I saw the image on the monitor.

No comments:

Blog Archive