My photo
... is a freelance photographer working in Middle Georgia

Monday, February 4, 2008

Shooting Beauties




I know I have talked before about some things I shoot almost every year. Some of them I worry about getting stale, shooting the same situations over every year. One event is coming up soon that I have never worried about shooting again and again.





Each March Peachbelt Health and Rehabilitation Center in Warner Robins holds its annual Ms. Peachbelt Pageant. I believe that this year will be the 6th year it has been going, and think I have been to almost all of them.

All the other pageants I have shot are pretty predictable. These ladies are full of surprises, completely candid as they answer the mandatory questions, and maneuver through the competition.




Some events have to be covered for their news value, we have a responsibility to let our readers know what is happening in our community. Some just make really cool images, and are fun to shoot. It is also what an editor friend used to call a
Warm and Fuzzy. Makes folks all warm and fuzzy feeling to see the photos and read the story.

This world can always use a few more Warm and Fuzzies. They sure help me.

No comments:

Blog Archive