My photo
... is a freelance photographer working in Middle Georgia

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Bithday, Dr. Seuss

Today is Dr. Seuss’s birthday. Children’s author Theodor Seuss Geisel would be one hundred six years old today. Our Peach County libraries have Dr. Seuss birthday parties to honor him and to celebrate Read Across America.


I love to read, and I always enjoyed reading to my children. Both are avid readers today. Hope I planted that interest. Paul Scott of Fort Valley was the guest reader today, reading “Mr. Brown Can Moo” to a bunch of excited preschoolers. He is a very tall man, and I wanted to capture the difference in size and also the way he bonded with the kids. I think the top photo captured the moment, Paul towering over the kids, and their expressions. Also his “Cat and The Hat” hat and bowtie, as well as the Cat lurking in the background.

Gotta love Dr. Seuss.

1 comment:

Beer koozies said...

Seuss, happy birthday! seems that your birthday was so funny !

Blog Archive