My photo
... is a freelance photographer working in Middle Georgia

Friday, August 3, 2007

FRiday Night's Are Football

August 31 will be the first high school football game of the year. Guess I will be covering Houston County and Northside's game. I have always been happy shooting football in the Houston Peach bureau. We have the best football in Middle Georgia here. For years I have been shooting my Friday night color at 800 ISO with a flash. When I started shooting with the Nikon D2Hs I discovered I could shoot available light at McConnell Talbert Stadium in Warner Robins. It will do a true 3200 ISO and with the noise reduction built into the camera, it works.

The early season games begin well before sunset, and I can shoot some with the 1.4 extender on the 300....love it. I usually shoot with the 300 f2.8 and 70-200 f2.8 as my main lenses.

For last year the Perry Stadium was upgraded, and now can shoot without a flash there as well. This year the lights at Peach County's Anderson Stadium have all new 1500 watt bulbs. Guess I will have to wait and see what the light is like.

Just hope I have some shots in focus from the first game, where ever it is.....

1 comment:

Liz said...

Stay safe, my friend. I've seen many a photographer taken out in a game. I'm looking forward to seeing all the action through your eyes.

Blog Archive