My photo
... is a freelance photographer working in Middle Georgia

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Eggs

This was a fun picture to do. There are two eggs in the photo, the rest are reflections. One whole, one is cut in half.

I made an open box with three mirror tiles, one on the bottom, two for the sides.
Decided where I wanted the eggs to be, cut the shell in half and placed them.
The light was a monolight shot using a softbox. A softbox is a light modifier sort of like an umbrella, but gives you a lot more control of your light. The light is very directional, an umbrella spills a lot of light around the room.

It was shot with the room lights off. It was difficult keeping the camera and the
light source from showing in the mirror, but the hardest part was cutting the egg
in half without cracking the shells. I broke quite a few to get the one that was photographed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

To cool, but I would swear there is only 2 eggs. Nicely done!

Kim A. said...

Now that is a photo that just makes you say "Wow!" Love it!

Danny Gilleland said...

Duh, there are two eggs, this is what happens when I write at 5:30 in the morning!!
Sorry

Anonymous said...

Nice shot! My first impression was of flowers :)

Blog Archive