My photo
... is a freelance photographer working in Middle Georgia

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The New D3



Today has been a wonderful day. A day I have dreamed about since I
started shooting digital full time. I put a really wide angle lens on a Nikon
DSLR and shot real wide angle pictures. No #@$&** cropping due to the small chip. Didn't loose that 1.4 of my 17mm.

I love digital, don't get me wrong. As a photojournalist, digital has opened
up such wonderful options. So much faster, more efficient workflow. So many advantages.



But I spent close to a lifetime shooting with really wide lenses. My idea of "Normal"
lenses was a 17mm or a 20mm on one camera and a 180mm f2.8 on the other.
Took me so long to adjust to that 1.4 magnification factor.

Anyway, today I shot wit the full frame D3 and the new D300. Both are great cameras. The D2HS is a good camera. But the D3 does so much. 12.1 megapixel, will do a really clean 6400 ISO. Best color ever from a Nikon DSLR. I will revisit after shooting it a little more.

But for today, the wide angle thing is more than enough.

No comments:

Blog Archive