My photo
... is a freelance photographer working in Middle Georgia

Monday, October 22, 2007

Friday Night Lights



My high school football coverage has changed over the last two years. We shot feature stuff sometimes, but not too often. Our need was action, and I concentrated on "gamers" as my friend Chris Deighton calls them.

We now do football galleries Saturday from the Friday night games. We turn in more cation, but now there is a need for features as well.

Friday night I went to Fort Valley for the Peach County-Perry game. Quite a rivalry.
I usually have a team I want to win, but I am always torn between these two. This year was no exception. Both have a bunch of really talented, great kids. Both have head coaches that are great guys, as well as good coaches. It was a fun game to watch. That is what High school football should be.

Anyway, I digress. When I pulled into the parking lot, the sky over the stadium was beautiful, streaks of red through the breaking clouds. Really wanted to shoot it, but was too late getting in the stadium. A great sunset does not last long.



I did get a nice photo during warmups. Sky still had a nice purple.

As I waited for the game to start, I dropped my ISO to 80, slowed my shutter way down, and turned on my flash. I shot the Peach County team breaking through the banner. Turned out kinda nice.

Had a good night of action as well. There are new lights in the stadium, so I can shoot available light making the action much easier. And for the first time this year, I didn;t get wet shooting high school football. It was a good night for me in Peach County.

No comments:

Blog Archive